|View Checklist: S10505942|
But technology is better than that. Just embed that Google Map into your eBird comment! Why not? It's easy, fast, and beautiful!
I've built an automated code generator below which spits out an image code you can copy into your eBird comments. You can now have a Google Map embedded in your checklists comments in less than 1 minute. It will look just like the checklist on the right.
Google Maps Embed Code Generator
Use the code generator below to create a Google Map you can embed in your checklist comment:
Tips on getting Latitude-Longitude Coordinates:
- Go to Google Maps
- Zoom in on your precise location (or search for it)
- Right-click exactly at that spot, and select "What's Here?"
- Copy the Latitude-Longitude coordinates that appear in the search box
Great Examples of Embedded Google Maps
Here's a few of my own checklists in which I've embedded Google Maps using the code generator.
- Lepelaarplassen, Netherlands - Glossy Ibis
- Muskegon SGA, Michigan - Harris's Sparrow
- Sheboygan Lakefront, Wisconsin - Laughing Gull
- Roselle Park, Michigan - Yellow Rail
- Republic Landfill, Michigan - Slaty-backed Gull
If you want to explore the world of Google Maps further on your own, you can read the Google Static Maps API V2 Developer's Guide.
Feedback is welcome! How do you like the Code Generator? What would you still like to see?